Turnkey Lumber is a leading single source solution company specializing in large wood framing projects across the country. The company has earned recognition for undertaking large, complex projects, fostering innovation, embracing emerging technologies, and making a difference for their clients, employees and community. We also offer direct sales via our retail store.
Turnkey Lumber was created to provide developers and contractors with a single source solution to their wood frame, roofing and siding needs.
In an age when flying cars and artificial intelligence are a reality, the practice of stick framing wooden buildings has not changed in decades. Building codes have seen significant changes in this century. Myriad new building products have been introduced to meet these code changes and to satisfy evolving customer demands. But, the traditional approach to wood framing is stuck in the past. It is one reason that wood frame construction is considered one of the most inefficient industries in America.
Turnkey Lumber offers developers and contractors a modern and efficient alternative to traditional methods:
- Our in-house estimating department has the experience and expertise needed to produce detailed and accurate estimates. This gives us the ability to provide lump-sum guaranteed pricing.
- Our pre-construction department reviews the entire project – product specifications, plan details, MEP coordination, site logistics – and then provides you with a realistic execution goal.
- Our design department prepares detailed shop drawings to ensure that field execution is consistent with the architectural and engineering drawings.
- The coordination between our pre-construction and design teams may be the most critical part of the construction process. By ‘working out the bugs’ in advance we eliminate many of the issues that result in costly errors and delays.
- After the pre-construction phase, our Project Managers will manage the field installation to ensure we maintain schedule and properly complete each level. Key to getting the building ready for the follow-on trades ASAP is that our crews punch out the lower levels as we continue framing. We do not regard punch as a ‘rainy day’ activity to be postponed until the end of the job.
- Mentioned last but of primary importance is our dedication to safety. Our supervisors and Project Managers have their OSHA 30 hour training and all field staff have their OSHA 10 hour training as well as fall protection training. Our on-staff Safety Managers issue true site specific safety plans, provide training and continually monitor our field crews for compliance. Framing is one of the most challenging trades to comply with OSHA and we have made significant investments in training and in equipment – platform step ladders and retractable safety harnesses especially – as a way to eliminate the most likely situations for an employee to be injured or to violate OSHA rules.